Member Sign up
My name was rejected during sign up.
- While signing up please ensure that your full name does not contain any invalid punctuation and that it contains your full last name. If you are still having problems signing up for a personal profile, please contact support.
- Your name may already be taken. Please choose a different name or you may have already registered and have lost your login and password. If so, you may reset your password.
- Your email address may have already been taken. Please try another email address. The system will not accept the same email or name for different accounts. If you are still having trouble please contact support.
My confirmation email did not arrive.
- Check your email application's spam, junk folder or filter. Please be aware that some emails may be blocked by your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
- Check that you're trying to log in from the exact email address you registered with. A common error is registering with an incorrect email domain.
- If you are still having trouble please contact support
How do I remove my account?
- Login to your account, then click on "Account Settings" under the "My Account" menu. In your settings there is a "Remove Account" option. Click to proceed.
How do I reactivate my account?
- For your privacy, once your account is removed all of your data is cleared and will not be restored. You can create a new account and use the same email and password you previously chose, but your previous content will not be there.
I want to change my password
- Login to your account, under the "My Account" menu click "Account Settings". In your settings page you can change your password Account Password section of the form.
I forgot my password
- While logging in, if you get an invalid password error. What should you do? Click login and skip the password, the system will offer "forgot password" click to reset.
I want to change my email address associated with this account
- You can edit your email address by clicking on the "Account Settings" under the "My Account" menu. Type in your new address and click update. Accounts can represent only one person and email address.
- To add a friend inside community. If you search and find a friend in the community, just click on that friend and click add friend. That friend will receive an friend request as well as an email
- To add a friend outside of the community, go to the "Manage Friends" link under the "My Account" menu. Click invite and you have the option of importing contacts from your Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo accounts or you can add a friend by sending them an individual email. You may enter multiple email address separated by a comma to invite multiple friends.
- You may have "Requested Friends" in your manage friends. These are people who have invited you to become their friend.
- This feature is not available at this time. You can delete any Friend at any time by removing them from the "Manage Friends" link under "My Account".
- To remove a Friend, click on the "Manage Friends" link under "My Account". Click the Remove link next to the Friend you wish to remove. A pop up window will appear to confirm your request. Click yes and your Friend will be removed.
- You can manage how many and where your Friend show up on your profile page. Click on the "Design and Layout" link under "My Account". Find the box on your profile page that contains your friends. Click the Edit link and a form will appear to edit your friends box. You may change the limit and sorting of how your friends are displayed. Click Update when you are finished.
- If your profile page does not currently display your friends, you may add them to your profile. Click on the "Add to Profile Page" link under "My Account". You will now see a grey bar at the bottom of the page. Choose your content type (friends) and you can change the number of friends displayed on your profile page as well as the order of display. You can also drag with your mouse any box on your page and place it to the left, right, top or bottom. Click close and your changes are complete. If this is not working for you please contact support.
Search for Friends
- The search element in the community will allow you to search anything. (for internet security reasons, members under that age of 18 are not displayed.) Simply type in the name you are looking for. If this is not working for you, please contact support.
- While managing your friends you may also see a link labeled "Suggested Friends". The community gathers your interests and will match them with others in the community with similar interests. This is a great feature if you are new to the community and do not know a lot of people or you are looking for friends with similar interest as yours. If this is not working for you, please make sure you have completely filled out your "Profile Interests". Click on the "Interests" link under the "My Account" menu to edit your interests. You may also contact support if you are still having trouble.
My page is only showing 5 of my friends. Can I change it to show more on my profile page?
- You can manage how many and where your friend show up on your profile page. Click on the "Design and Layout" link under "My Account". Find the box on your profile page that contains your friends. Click the Edit link and a form will appear to edit your friends box. You may change the limit and sorting of how your friends are displayed. Click Update when you are finished.
- You may view your friends activity in the community by clicking on the "Friends Activity" link found either in your friends box on your profile page or under the Manage Friends link. When you click on this link you can see what your friends have been up to on one page rather then looking at each of their individual pages. If this is not working for you please contact support.
Creating a Group
- You can create a new group by clicking on "Groups" from your profile page.
Joining a Group
- You may join a group by clicking on "Groups" on the top menu bar. You have the option to receive RSS for the group, or just join the group. This also shows who the members are in the group.
- There may be a few private groups that you can subscribe to the RSS.
Searching the community
- There is a search window on the main page of the community. You can type is anything there and it will locate users, photos, posts and videos. (For Internet security reasons, members under the age of 18 are not displayed.)
Connecting to outside communities
- Currently you can connect to your Facebook, Myspace and Twitter by clicking on the "Social Networks" link under the "My Account" menu and following the directions for each one. You will need your email address and password for each of those communities to complete the connection between the this community and your other social networks. If this is not working for you please ensure you have typed your information correctly or you may also contact support for help.
I connected to my other networks and it did not work, what do I do?
- Try to remove the account and try to link again.
- If you still cannot get it to work, please contact support.
Profile Changes - Changing Page Design
I want to change my page design
- Click on "Design and Layout" under the "My Account" menu. There you will find the Profile Editor. Click on the "Designer" tab and create your own custom page.
- Simply select what content you want to change with the "Content Type" selector (Background, Header, etc..) and start having fun. If you don't like what you did, just hit the "reset" button and start over.
- If you don't want the default page but you don't want to take the time to design your own custom page, click on "Themes" on the Profile Editor and select a Theme that best suits you.
I want to change my design and layout and it won't work.
- I chose "Themes" and it changed my theme but now I cannot change anything else. If you chose a theme you are limited to other changes.
- The designer will allow you to change each section of the page. Just click on the content type and begin to change items on your page. You will see it change live, but it will not be saved until you click save design.
- If you changed your design and click close, it will not save your changes. You must click save design to save your changes.
All of my info is on the left side.
- If you go into edit and change profile, you can click and drag any of your items anywhere on the page. When you are done editing your page click Save Design and it will save your new settings.
What if I use CSS to design my page?
- You can add your CSS code to you profile by going to your Design and Layout. Click on Custom CSS on the grey bar and enter your CSS code. Click Save Design when you are finished.
How do I send someone a message inside the community?
- Go to "Messages" under "My Account" and click "New Message". You can start by typing the name of the person and it will automatically search your friends and populate the name in the address field. Click on the name of the person you want to send it to, then type your message and click send.
- You can also send a message to all of your friends within the community by clicking "Send to all friends."
- All the other functions in messages are similar to any email, you have an inbox, read and unread messages, sent items and the ability to delete any message.
Can I send a message to my friends who are not in this community?
- This feature is not available at this time.
Can I update my status on this community as well as other communities?
- Yes, you can click on update status, type your status in the box and if you wish to push to Facebook, MySpace or Twitter you may check those boxes.
- If you do not have these boxes, please refer to "Social Networks" under this help page.
The main page is specific to each community and cannot be modified.
Latest news on the front page is the most recent news uploaded to the community. You can click on the news page and subscribe to RSS, read previous new posts and comment on news. This portion of the site is managed by the community administrators.
Events are for the use of the community to inform other of key dates or events upcoming.
- Any member can update the events pages by clicking submit event.
Can I create a new forum?
- No, only community administrators can create forums. You may only post on existing forums.
Can I create my own Blog?
- Yes, any member can create a blog, which also attaches RSS feeds to your blog where others can subscribe.
How do I upload photos?
- Click on Photos, then click the Upload photos link at the top.
- You can also choose to share these or upload to your other networks by checking the MySpace, Twitter, and Facebook boxes.
- Click to select photos and they will be uploaded.
How do I upload videos?
- Click on Videos, then click the Upload video link at the top.
- Type in a title, location, and description. You can also choose to share these or upload to your other networks by checking the MySpace, Twitter, and Facebook boxes.
How do I view members?
- Click on Members and you can view by latest members, last activity, monthly points or total points.
- If you click on a member you can send a message, comment or add them as a Friend.